- The creationists and climate change deniers are winning in Florida
- Constitution Revision Commission Update II
- Constitution Revision Commission Update
- Alert: Bad Instructional Materials bill on the move!
- Clay County superintendent: “In no way, shape or form do our textbooks or will our textbooks ever reflect evolution as a fact …”
- Clay County superintendent: “In no way, shape or form do our textbooks or will our textbooks ever reflect evolution as a fact …” on
Monthly Archives: January 2007
Darwin day is coming up next month. And serving as a precursor of sorts, a rare orchid Darwin had connections to is blooming and on display here in Florida. Darwin had made a prediction about long moth tongues that was … Continue reading
Changes to this year’s FCATs, including the importance of the science tests, are prompting dire school grade predictions. There could be a record number of failing schools in Duval County and around Florida this year unless local school districts find … Continue reading
(edited: I feel sillly. It was just pointed out to me that this story was published back in 2005. Better late than never, eh?) The Orlando Weekly has dueling interviews up in a story about intelligent design versus evolution. First … Continue reading
The American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) recently issued a statement lauding a proposal to establish voluntary nationwide standards in math and science. Under the SPEAK Act proposal, voluntary, nationwide U.S. content standards in science and math would … Continue reading
The 101st Carnival of Education is open for your reading enjoyment. Two of my posts are included.
If you have some time, why not become a science mentor? The science mentoring program I LOVE Science is looking for volunteers for Hellen Caro, Blue Angels, Edgewater, Myrtle Grove, and Montclair elementary schools. I LOVE Science was launched in … Continue reading
Congratulations to science teacher David Rodriguez for his recent honor! Science teacher David Rodriguez is getting ready for a trip to Vienna, Austria, in April. It will be his second trip, and he’ll bring back information and lessons he’ll relay … Continue reading