I just read this very interesting article published in Science Daily by the University of Texas Austin that was researched by scientist working on several Islands located just off the coast of Florida. This latest study is one of only a few well-documented examples of what evolutionary biologists call “character displacement,” in which similar species competing with each other evolve differences to take advantage of different ecological niches. Scientists have documented the rapid evolution of a native lizard species — in as little as 15 years — as a result of pressure from an invading lizard species, introduced from Cuba.
- New Florida Board of Education Chair: “I won’t support any evolution being taught as fact at all in any of our schools.”
- A decade later and science education is still not important to Florida’s leaders
- Florida Legislative Session Wrap Up 2019
- Book-Banning bill update 3/30
- “Book banning” bill written by creationists/climate change deniers to get first hearing
- New Florida Board of Education Chair: “I won’t support any evolution being taught as fact at all in any of our schools.” on