I just read this very interesting article published in Science Daily by the University of Texas Austin that was researched by scientist working on several Islands located just off the coast of Florida. This latest study is one of only a few well-documented examples of what evolutionary biologists call “character displacement,” in which similar species competing with each other evolve differences to take advantage of different ecological niches. Scientists have documented the rapid evolution of a native lizard species — in as little as 15 years — as a result of pressure from an invading lizard species, introduced from Cuba.
- Should Florida students be allowed to graduate with only one science course?
- Florida Dept. of Education is looking for your input about standards
- New Instructional Materials bill includes “controversial issues” requirement
- News Roundup 2/9/19: Sen. Baxley takes a pounding
- Join Florida Citizens for Science as we educate the state