As a diversified organization the Florida Citizens for Science must remain neutral on political issues,however. Currently there are many elections taking place through out the state for County School Board Representatives. It would be wise for us to follow those candidates and keep abreast of their positions on science education. Here is one example from the race in Polk County. Terry Pittman(who is running for district 6) was interviewed in the Lakeland Ledger today and dropped this gem.””The teaching of creationism has as much of a place as evolution, when it comes to policy-making decisions, everyone should be taken into consideration.” You need to be aware of who you are voting for and how their policies could effect science education in your district.
- Florida Evolution vs. Creationism Timeline
- New Florida Board of Education Chair: “I won’t support any evolution being taught as fact at all in any of our schools.”
- A decade later and science education is still not important to Florida’s leaders
- Florida Legislative Session Wrap Up 2019
- Book-Banning bill update 3/30
- New Florida Board of Education Chair: “I won’t support any evolution being taught as fact at all in any of our schools.” on