- Science teachers are a critical need in Florida … again
- What do Florida public school students learn about climate change?
- Florida Evolution vs. Creationism Timeline
- New Florida Board of Education Chair: “I won’t support any evolution being taught as fact at all in any of our schools.”
- A decade later and science education is still not important to Florida’s leaders
- What do Florida public school students learn about climate change? on
- New Florida Board of Education Chair: “I won’t support any evolution being taught as fact at all in any of our schools.” on
Category Archives: “Academic Freedom” bills ’08
In a recent St. Petersburg Times Gradebook blog post about the new problems with the state science standards, Christian activist Terry Kemple threw in a little bonus: By coincidence, Kemple said he met with area pastors this week to talk … Continue reading
The evolution bills that derailed in the Florida legislature recently are still drawing some attention. This column does a good job of addressing many of the anti-evolution arguments we heard during the legislative session. I don’t think there’s any point … Continue reading
There are several newspaper articles and opinion columns popping up over the past several days complaining about this past legislative session. It’s nice to see that the majority of them that I’ve seen have been lumping the evolution bills in … Continue reading
Let us take a moment of silence for House Bill 1483 and Senate Bill 2692, the deceptively named “academic freedom” bills. Time of death: 6 p.m. I doubt they will rest in peace, though.
This is a summary/tracking post that was updated throughout the Florida legislative session concerning two anti-evolution bills that were introduced in the Senate and House. Fortunately, the bills never made it into law in 2008. STATE SENATE SB 2692 Teaching … Continue reading
The last day of the legislative session is here. Will the deceptively named “academic freedom” bills experience a miracle and gain passage? Or will they fizzle and die? Keep an eye on the Senate bill page throughout the day. While … Continue reading
Recap: The House and Senate have different versions of the deceptively named “academic freedom” bills. The Senate approved their version and shipped it to the House. The House gutted the Senate version and replaced it with their own entirely different … Continue reading
Two days left in the legislative session. The deceptively named “academic freedom” bills haven’t budged. Fortunately, time is running out. Florida Times Union: Schools evolution proposal could die The House passed that bill after significant debate Monday, but Storms said … Continue reading