Bottom line, house bill passed. I believe the vote tally was 11 yeas and only 4 nays (edited — I probably messed up that vote count. I’m now hearing it was 7-4. I’ll get the accurate count later. my apologies for any confusion.) There is more to this, though. The originally posed bill was replaced by a one-line statute amendment to allow “critical analysis” of evolution. I’ll try to write more about this later.
- Florida Evolution vs. Creationism Timeline
- New Florida Board of Education Chair: “I won’t support any evolution being taught as fact at all in any of our schools.”
- A decade later and science education is still not important to Florida’s leaders
- Florida Legislative Session Wrap Up 2019
- Book-Banning bill update 3/30
- New Florida Board of Education Chair: “I won’t support any evolution being taught as fact at all in any of our schools.” on