Board of Directors and Officers 2017
- President: Jonathan P. Smith, Lithia, FL
- Vice President: Joe Wolf, Winter Haven, FL
- Secretary: David Campbell, Middleburg, FL
- Treasurer & Communications Director: Brandon Haught, Port Orange, FL
- Board Member: Mary Bahr, Gainesville, FL
- Board Member: Pete Dunkelberg, Orlando, FL
- Board Member: Wesley Elsberry
- Board Member: Pierce Butler
Media and Speakers Contacts
The following people are available for media interviews and speaking engagements.
Brandon Haught FCS Communications Director
Phone: 352-434-9267 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
High school biology/environmental science teacher.
— Author of Going Ape: Florida’s Battles over Evolution in the Classroom.
— Recipient of National Center for Science Education’s Friend of Darwin Award.
— Education: B.A. in Science Education (Biology grades 5-12), Western Governors University.
— Featured on Science Friday, Nature, Orlando Sentinel, Tallahassee Democrat and many other media outlets.
— Featured as a Force for Science by the American Association for the Advancement of Science.
Jonathan Smith FCS President
Phone: 863-860-2125 / E-Mail: email@example.com
Consultant specializing in the teaching of scientific concepts and addressing misconceptions within those concepts.
— BSE/MSE Degree Wellingborough Technical College UK
— PhD, University of Phoenix. Scientific Pedagogy and Instructive Strategies
— Member of AAAS and NCSE
— 2008 CFI Contribution to Science award; 2011 Arizona Science Teachers Association Conference, “Best Overall Presenter”