“This is the smallest manatee I’ve ever seen brought to SeaWorld,” said Steve Lehr, assistant curator of animal care and a rescue team member for more than 30 years. “We’ve had other animals come in the same condition (with some of the umbilical cord attached), but they were considerably larger than she is.”
The calf — still unnamed — is about 2 feet long and weighs 21 pounds. She was found in a small cove along Strickland Creek, keeping mostly to herself, according to the Fish and Wildlife Commission.
- Florida Evolution vs. Creationism Timeline
- New Florida Board of Education Chair: “I won’t support any evolution being taught as fact at all in any of our schools.”
- A decade later and science education is still not important to Florida’s leaders
- Florida Legislative Session Wrap Up 2019
- Book-Banning bill update 3/30
- New Florida Board of Education Chair: “I won’t support any evolution being taught as fact at all in any of our schools.” on