I can’t speak for anyone else, but the latest Gallup Poll on the acceptance of evolution came as a proverbial “kick in the gut for me. Why? Not because figures have not really change much since 1982 (46% of the general population are flat out creationists) Not because 32% believe in theistic evolution(a God guided and directed the process) which is basically Intelligent Design. No, none of these. What pill I find hard to swallow, is that the figures are almost exactly the same for college graduates. Yup after sixteen long years spent at school and in our public and private colleges,US graduates still think the earth is less than ten thousand years old and the story of Adam and Eve is literally true. This is not the case in most Western Nations(US rates 37 in the world on the acceptance of evolution) So where is the US going wrong? I would like to hear any of your thoughts on this.
- New Florida Board of Education Chair: “I won’t support any evolution being taught as fact at all in any of our schools.”
- A decade later and science education is still not important to Florida’s leaders
- Florida Legislative Session Wrap Up 2019
- Book-Banning bill update 3/30
- “Book banning” bill written by creationists/climate change deniers to get first hearing
- New Florida Board of Education Chair: “I won’t support any evolution being taught as fact at all in any of our schools.” on