Senator Stephen Wise’s “non-evolution” “theory of whatever” bill (SB 1854, critical analysis of evolution in public schools) was referred to two senate committees today: Education Pre-K -12, and Budget. The chair of the education committee is none other than Sen. Wise himself. He also is a member of the Budget committee, along with Sen. Hays. Hays was in the House in 2008 and sponsored an antievolution bill back then. Now we have to wait and see if the bill gets on the committees’ schedules.
- New Florida Board of Education Chair: “I won’t support any evolution being taught as fact at all in any of our schools.”
- A decade later and science education is still not important to Florida’s leaders
- Florida Legislative Session Wrap Up 2019
- Book-Banning bill update 3/30
- “Book banning” bill written by creationists/climate change deniers to get first hearing
- New Florida Board of Education Chair: “I won’t support any evolution being taught as fact at all in any of our schools.” on